Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Running Playlist

One big question for runners leading into a race is: What's going on the playlist?  I don't bring music with me when I run, but I almost always listen to music before a run.  With Boston coming up in five days, I have put together some of my favorites that help put me in the right state of mind.  Maybe they will work for you:

Song Away by Hockey

All Hands Against His Own by The Black Keys

Float On by Modest Mouse

Hurt Feelings by Flight of the Conchords

Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Lights & Music by Cut Copy

Sail by AWOLNATION

Kids and Heartbeat by Childish Gambino

Here I Come and Marathon Man (remix) by The Roots

Lose Yourself by Eminem

Monster by Kanye, Jay-Z, Nicki

I'm Shipping Up to Boston by The Dropkick Murphys

Run this Town by Jay-Z & Rihanna

Umbrella by Rihanna & Jay-Z (on only because it's close to 180 bpm)

All of the Lights by Kanye & Rihanna

Wavin' Flag by K'NAAN

Superstar by Lupe Fiasco

These are the songs on my Boston 2012 playlist.  I like a nice mix of styles before a run.  Some of the best running advice I can give is to go with what works for you.  Find what makes you comfortable and ready to run your best!

Too Excited Right Now! Five Days!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment